Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Engine


Well after getting the engine out of that frame. I thought its time to tackle the b@stard!

Here is the before shot of the motor.

As you can see... ALOT of corrosion. And to be honest it was the dirtest engine. 25 year old grease dirt clogging up everything it was terrible.

When I was taking off the clutch cover alot of the bolts just rounded so they had to be completely replaced with new ones.

I just took alot of blood sweat and tears to get them out!!

After alot of scrubbing and some elbow grease I was able to come out this result...

I am really proud of the result because I wanted a clean looking engine (nothing fancy like some super polished engines.)

Brand new gaskets all round and everything cleaned, scrubbed and refurbished if not replaced!

I made sure I could not see a spec of dirt, dust ANYWHERE on this motor.

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    I have just purchased 3 old RE5 M model that need retso.

    If you send a number i would love to chat to you

    Paul

    ReplyDelete